Friday 8 October 2010

Boys like cards too!


I thought that it would be nice to post a 'boy' card for a change as this is a difficult subject for many of us, and since I have an 8 year old boy myself, I know just how tricky it can be to create a hand made card that is 'cool' enough.


With that in mind, I came across some fabulous stamps at Stamposaurus which have enough cuteness to satisfy my creative whims, but cool enough to avoid one of those 'oh mum you're so embarrasing' moments.


For this card I picked the papers out first, and these came from the Papermania For Him pack - a very useful pack of papers that I have come back to time and time again for 'boy stuff'.


I have used Letraset promarkers to colour in the image, and for once I remembered to keep a note of them so, for anyone that's interested, here's a list:


Skin: Ivory, blush and soft peach.

Hair and shoes: Tan and Cocoa.

Eyes and skull: Arctic Blue.

Jeans: Midnight blue and denim blue.

T Shirt: Amber

Outline / shadow: Cool grey 1


Hope you like it and thanks for looking.


Sharon x


2 comments:

  1. Super card your colouring is lovely and the image is really cute. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Sharon, I love the papers you've used and the image is fab, and beautifully coloured x

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon