Saturday 13 October 2012

Going to Paper Pieces


I'm back with my second post of the day......this time on the theme of paper piecing.

For once I have used something other than alcohol pens........and gone with my water colour pencils and Lyras instead. I had such fun with these preparing for my demo day at Stamp Addicts, a few weeks ago, that I decided I must get them out and dust them off more often. Perhaps it should be my New Year's Resolution!

Anyway - back to the card. This one is made using one of my many Mimi stamps and I have kept it very clean and simple, using one of the backing papers to paper piece the car......I guess I was going for that VW Beetle sort of effect. I've also added a few Polka Doodles dew drops as a bit of embellishment and I am quite surprised to say that you can actually see them on this picture!!

On with the challenges now. Here are the ones that I am entering....

Make it Monday
Deep Ocean - Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge - Flowers
Cute Card Thursday - Paper Piecing

Thanks for stopping by today.

Back tommorow with something for Lili of the Valley.

Sharon x



9 comments:

  1. Fab card - love that image! Gorgeous paper piecing too. Saw you over at Make it Monday and had to pop by! Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun image - love the papers you've used - fab for this card! Such a nice design too! Spotted this on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sharon, love the image and fab paper piecing.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card, love the paper piecing!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fun colored image! Great mix of paper and embellies too. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, great card, fab image and the paper piecing looks fantastic!Lovely card.
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredibly sweet card Sharon, love the pretty daisy papers and your fab paper piecing! Thanks for joining in with our flower challenge at AGOAC :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, fabulous paper piecing on the car!
    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon