Saturday 27 June 2015

And now for something completely different…...

Today I thought I would post something completely different to my usual style. I was asked to make some samples for a Sheena show in Germany and this was one of the stamps on the list. Also, it was specifically to be in Spectrum Aquas…….After a first moment of fear…this couldn't be further away from my normal style…..I sat down one evening, water colour card in one hand, aqua colours in the other, and took the plunge.

I can't tell you how satisfying it was!  Alcohol colouring is quite a precise thing, but with the water colours it was almost like splashing a bit on and seeing what happens. I little bit of splashing and blotting later and the end result was this……...
Now I am no water colour artist, but I thought this came out pretty good for an amateur. It was surprisingly easy to get some different colour tones and a bit of light and shade in there, with relatively few pens.

I have to admit though, the key to it all is to use proper water colour card. I had tried before on some similar textured card, because I wanted to colour a digital image that I had, and you really don't get the same effect at all….so it's true when they say the right tools for the job!!

So - enough of my waffle for today. I will leave you with  few challenges that I would like to enter.

http://sparklesforumchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/challenge-69-vintageshabby-chic-dt-call.html
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/challenge-267-always-anything-goes.html
http://thepapershelter.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/challenge-209-photo-inspiration.html
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/challenge-112.html

That's all for me for now. Time for a little bit of lunch and then it's off to Hobbycraft for me to see Sara Davies demonstrating.  :-)

Sharon x

7 comments:

  1. This is stunning Sharon, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sharon. Your watercolouring is amazing. I've not done it for years and like you have a fear of taking the plunge...I'm so used to my copics but I love the outcome you have here...very beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is gorgeous, he water colouring looks amazing and is the perfect colouring medium for this image!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a superb job with your water colouring.The papers and embellishments are perfect for this image.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation- you did an amazing job. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion.
    Amy-GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sunning card, looks amazing, you have done a great job watercolouring.
    So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon