Thursday 24 March 2016

A cracking good digi....


Hi there. i am back again...this time with a fun Easter card, which I made using  a Digi Stamp Boutique image, plus some Card-io majestic stamps.

This was such a quick and simple cad to make, plus it is bright and cheery....just the job as i understand we have yet another dull and rainy Bank Holiday to look forward to here in the UK.

As mentioned, my main image was from DSB. I imported it in to Serif to resize it and to position the lovely sentiment right underneath.

I printed the image twice so that I could cut and decoupage the egg shell and I then flat coloured the whole lot with my pro markers. (ha ha - you thought i was going to say Spectrum Noirs didn't you? well on this occasion I broke the mold as I found a particularly good eggshell colour in my pro marker stash!)

Now on to the background. The lovely little eggs and hearts are from Card-io, and I decided to go with some really bright and vibrant colours, stamped directly on to the card base. The little dots that you see are one of my desert island stamps (i.e. can't live without it) it is a Stamps by Judith stubby, but there are lots of other stamps pot there which will give you just the same effect.

Finally a scrap of Nitwits digital paper to create a mat...from memory I think this might have come from the Just Hatched FQB.......how appropriate!

Sometimes it is just so nice to sit and colour in an uncomplicated way, rather than thinking about light, shading and composition, and that is exactly what this is. I guess eggs are good for me after all!

Thanks for coming to visit today.

Sharon x

2 comments:

  1. Great fun card and really made me smile. Brilliant image. Have a lovely Easter. Hugs, Carol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image and cards Sharon. X

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon