Monday 15 August 2011

Post number 2 - At the Beach...

My second post for today is another challenge card, but this time opoles apart from my previous card, as we move from snow to sunshine (but knowing our weather here in England, I guess nothings impossible!!)

For this card, I have used a FREE digi stamp which came from Digi Stamp Boutique. This was actually the July freebie, but when I looked on the site the other day it was still there, so you may still be able to get you hands on it.

Here's what I did:

  • I printed the image twice, coloured with Promakers and decoupaged it.
  • There is a little bit of sea in the image but I made my won by colouring some paper with two shades of blue promarkers. I then tore the paper in 'wave shapes' and then decoupages on to the image, before finally adding glitter to the crest of the waves.
  • The backing paper with the bunting is from my Cute Companions Summer stories CD.
  • All this was matted on to a 6 inch square card, and Bob's your Uncle as they say......
I'm going to enter this card in to two challenges:

By the Cute and Girly - The Sea
One Stop Craft Challenge - at the beach

Thanks for looking.

Sharon x

5 comments:

  1. Great card Sharon :o) Love the cute image and your fab sparkly waves. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sharon - this is so cute - just adorable - I love it. Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card. Love the sparkly water. Thanks for joining our 'beach' themed challenge at One Stop Craft this week. Good luck in your challenges. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, what a gorgeous card. I love how you've coloured the image and the decoupage layer looks fab. I really love how you've created the waves. Thanks for joining in our monthly competition over at DSB. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon