Wednesday 26 April 2017

It's Christmas already at Fab n Funky

 It's time for a new challenge over at Fab n Funky, and this week the theme is Christmas. It's good to have a reason to get started on those Christmas cards good and early don't you think?

Our sponsor this week is Dr Digi and they have a whole range of Christmas inspired digital images.
I decided to go with this very friendly looking Father Christmas  - I think he is just as I imagined he would look when I was a kid.

I love this image of him updating his naughty and nice list, but I found it might be a bit of a challenge because there was a lot of white in there. I tackled this by using variations on whitish shades using my Spectrum Noir pens.

So for the beard and notice board - Ice Gray 1 and 2

For the shirt - some of the paler grays from the BG (Brown Gray) spectrum.

Finally, I decided to make the scroll of paper look like parchment, so I went for EB1 and EB2 to get that look.

Finally, I wanted to make it look like he was in a room in Lapland so I found some digi paper that looks like floor boards and paired it with a beautiful paper from Polkadoodles Winnie's Winter Wonderland, which I thought made wonderfully festive wall paper!

So that is me, one step closer to Christmas!

I can't wait to see all of your lovely makes, so be sure to come and join us over at Fab N Funky.

Thanks very much for visiting today.

Sharon x

https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/week-17-anything-goes-digi-choosday.html
http://christmasatsweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/april-anything-christmas.html
http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/challenge-11.html

11 comments:

  1. Love this Sharon, you've coloured him beautifully, fab L/o and papers, the die cut greeting is gorgeous in gold!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've showcased this fab image, Sharon, and the gold sentiment just sets it all off so well.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image and a gorgeous card. Great papers and design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely christmas card and sentiment is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colouring on this lovely card, especially with regard to all of the white. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! Your coloring is wonderful!
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable... thank you so much for sharing it with us at Digi Chooseday crafty hugs Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is a CUTE card! Ho fun. Thanks for joining us at The Christmas card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous make Sharon!
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous hristmas card
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Hester

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon