Monday 20 November 2017

It's penguin-ing to look a lot like Christmas!

Sad to say , I have been neglecting my blog a little bit lately, but I have been busy with my crafting and now I can start to show you some of my makes without getting told off for mentioning that C word!!

I am totally hooked on Lawn Fawn (amongst others!) at the moment - there is something about the cute but simple images that gives me a little buzz of happiness....especially the winter ones.

So here I am with a sweet little card that I created using some of the penguins and a bunch of dies.

I coloured my penguins in with my spectrum noirs and cut them out with the matching dies, which I love, love love!

I then used a crafters companion dies from the Sara release  last year to create the houses in the background and used another wavy die to create the second layer which I highlighted with tumbled glass distress ink to give it some depth.

For the sky, i used my distress inks and glycerine to get a love blend, and then I sprinkled with water and blotted to get the snowflakes.

Finally, I added the musical note which are part of the stamp set.

Oh - and I nearly forgot to mention the sentiment, which is right up my street, as I do love a bit of word play. It's really simple in style so it doesn't overwhelm the card but it's the perfect finishing touch to bring everything together.

Hope you like my cheery card for today, and thanks very much for visiting.

Sharon x

Challenges:


4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a super cute dies, who cannot love penguins lol, thanks for joining our challenge at crafty catz and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable. Love that sentiment
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Crafting with friends Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon