Sunday 12 November 2017

Whipper Snappers Doggy Pile

Hi there. I am back today with a really old stamp of mine that I love! It dates back to the times when you could only get wood mounted stamps and it comes from Whipper Snappers. Sadly, as this is an American company these stamps are quite card to get hold of, and I am not sure if you can even get them anymore so this really is a little treasure for me.
When I first got this stamp, alcohol markers weren't on the scene so I used Tombows to colour my images, but of course these days we have lots of amazing mediums to use and I managed to get a much more vibrant effect using my Spectrum Noirs.

I don't know if you can tell from the close up but these lovely little chaps are decoupaged. It was a little bit time consuming but so worth it in the end, especially as this was a special card for my dad!

My backing papers are the perfect match and are digital papers from NitWits, in what i would call muted autumnal colours.

Finally, I decided that the background behind the dogs was too white so I dulled it down with a touch of distress ink, and random dots using a Stamps by Judith stubby.

Hope you like my card for today.

Thanks for stoping by!

Sharon x

Challenges:
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/week-441-colours-of-autumn.html
http://a-step-in-the-darkness.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/challenge-68.html
https://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/wk-45-anything-goes-crafting-challenge.html
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/autumn-colours-november-challenge.htmlhttp://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/craftyhazelnuts-patterned-paper.html

9 comments:

  1. Ooh fab image, love it! Lovely card Sharon :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I loved your card and like the dots you have added. Don't we just treasure some of our older stamps. I have some beautiful PSX that could never be replaced and i take them out and look at them sometimes!.
    Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
    Hugs
    Margaret M DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet image and beautifully coloured, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab dog card. I love dogs :-)
    Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge Anything Goes.
    Hugs, Tina – DT
    Polkadoodles Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the stamp and super colouring/
    thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Autumn Colours' challenge and good look x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love the image. Thanks for joining in this months 'Autumn Colours' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this stamp and your card is so cute. I've never heard of the company before. I wish they would do a re-make of this in cling. Congratulations on your win. That's how I saw your card. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon