Sunday 14 November 2010

Christmas is coming - whether we like it or not!


Well with Halloween and Bonfire night out of the way, our attention is definitely turning towards Christmas now. Suddenly the wrapping paper is in the shops, the Christmas adds are on the telly, and my son is adding to his Christmas list on a daily basis!


A work colleague of mine was kind enough to inform me that there are only 11 weekend shopping days left until Christmas! That was last week so, as of tomorrow that figure will only be nine. A very sobering thought, which has propmpted me to booka few days off to get on with my Christmas shopping!


That said, I am less worried about Christmas shopping than I am about getting my Christmas cards done! With that in mind, here is a card that I made using the recently released Adorables range released by Jayne Nestorenko and Crafter's Companion. I have also used the accompanying CD for this project, which has some really beautiful papers on it, plus some decoupage of the characters (a first for Jayne's CD's I believe) which is great for people who aren't so keen on stamping.


For my card I have stamped out the elements in stayzon and used watercolour pencils for the colouring. I had forgotten how enjoyable colouring with watercolour pencils can be - especially on smaller images, so I think I will definitely getting back in to this again. I also used the little corner border stamps which I really like, and finished of with a little glitter.


Thanks for looking and I hope you like the card.


Sharon x

1 comment:

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon