Thursday 24 March 2016

Easter on a more serious note

Whilst I am more likely to focus on Spring Chicks, rabbits and chocolate eggs at Easter time, there is of curse a much more serious side to the celebration, and I think that probably applies regardless of whether you are religious or otherwise.

Either way, in the business of card making, chicks and bunnies are not everyone's cup of tea and this stamp by Sheena Douglas is the perfect solution, I think!
I first got my hands on this stamp a little while before Christmas and immediately set to surrounding it with holly, bells etc.

But when I thought about it, I thought that this would be perfect for Easter too. The trees are bare on the image, but when I look around me I see exactly the same thing in nature right now. In fact the Church near my home is very similar to this and, although there a daffodils on the ground, the trees are very much in a winter state, so this looks very similar to my home environment.

It's a BIG stamp - this is an A5 card - so you can really make the most of it as a focal point and just get down to some scenic colouring.

For my card I stamped on to water colour card and used my Aquablend pencils to colour it in. There are loads of colour choices in the set, but actually you don't need that many as you can get lots of shades of light and dark just by varying the amount of  water that you apply.

I did the same things with the leaves which were from one of Sheena's perfect partners flower sets...there are lots of different ones so you can have your pick of foliage.

Other than that, this card is very simple. Hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Sharon x

1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous card Sharon, love the scenic stamp
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon