Saturday 25 August 2012

I wanna be a good 'colourer inner'!

I love how Leanne Chivers always talks about being a good 'colourer inner'......I think it's such a great name for that thing that we love to do!

Anyway...I spend so much time admiring other people's colouring and wish I was as good as they are.....I guess the only way to improve is practice, practice and more practice!

Since I was on holiday this week, I was able to devote a bit of extra time to colouring and here is what I came up with, using a lovelt Saturated Canary digi.

I often look at these in my digi stamp folder, but think I will never be able to do them justice. That said, they take a bit of time to colour, but are really not as scary as I thought!

I think she is such a cutie with her big boots and ballerina tutu!

Hopefully you can see that I have printed and colured her a number of times sothat I could decoupage her up a bit. Here's a close up......

I have also used a variety of dies for this card - a gorgeous Memory Box border for the flowers around her feet (I still can't belive how perfect and delicate those things come out when you run them though the Calibur!) Also the stopper is made from Spellbinders flowers, topped off with the little pink nuggets that you can get from Polka Doodles.

So.....after all my efforts, I thought I would enter this card in to a few challenges:

Make It Monday (cos I love to receive feedback from all the other lovely crafters who visit that blog!!)
Saturated Canary - Photo Inspiration (the first time I've been brave enough to enter an SC challenge!)
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Crafters Companion - Best Friends

Thanks for stopping by today, and enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday weekend!

Sharon x

24 comments:

  1. Sharon! I'm completely impressed. I honestly can say I've never seen a SC decoupaged before and as stinkin' cute as the images already are, WOW..that REALLy gives them so much more depth and detail. I think you've done a fantastic job with her and I really love your creative ideas. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Happy Crafting...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card, I love the way you have decoupaged her up and your look like you are a pretty good 'colourer inner' to me.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sharon, what a stunner. Love the design and your colouring looks amazing. :o)

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the depth on this gorgeous creation, such lovely colouring too
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, There is certainly nothing wrong with your colouring, this is stunning. Love the way you have decoupaged it too. Sure you have a winner. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card and colours Sharon. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the use of decoupage to add dimension.
    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Shelter challenge and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply beautiful.. Love the details.. very lovely work as always..

    So happy that you have joined us at TPS and good luck......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card love how you have decoupaged her.

    Thank you for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary, hope you will join us again.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and your colring and design is fantastic! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute, cute card Sharon. I LOVE this image and can't wait to play with her. So glad you could join us at Saturated Canary for our photo inspiration challenge. Good luck!
    Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon this is awesome hun, I love the way you popped her out 3D too!!
    Thank you so much for sharing her with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon