Thursday 23 September 2010

Magnolia in 3D

Today I thought I would post something which, I have to admit, is out of the archive, but looking back at it I'm still quite proud of it, so I thought it was worthy of a post.

This was a special card that I made for a friend's grand daughter who was mad about horses. I wanted to make it really spcial so I made a 3d pop up card, and went for the full works by making a detachable rosette and a presentation box. Afterall the effort that went in to this one, I found it quite hard to let it go, so I'm glad that I took some pictures.

I coloured this with the old faithful Tombow pens, using a water colouring technique.

Thanks for looking and I hope you like it.

PS - If anyone has any ideas on how they decorate the front of a card when they are putting a pop up inside, I would love to receive your comments.

Sharon x

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful card - so neatly made and the pop up part works really well. I love the rosette on the front too - definitely a very special card.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, definately worth posting!
    Your friends grand daughter must have been thrilled.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Sharon. Your colouring is lovely and as for wanting any ideas for decorating the front of a pop up card, you have done it beautifully so no ideas are needed!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon