Saturday 17 December 2011

A labour of love.....

A friend of mine at work asked if I would make a special Christmas card for her Grand Daughter and of course, I was very flattered and said yes of course!

Trouble is, then my brain started churning, and I'm thinking, opening draws, chocolate and 3d decoupage. Many hours later.......here's the result.

I made the draw and everything from scratch, using my ultimate pro, so it took quite a bit of time! I also mafe the 3d frame, using a BCE template which, I have to say is absolutely brilliant!

The stamp is of course Humprhrey which I stamped and coloured four times to get a bit of dimension. It came out really great in real life, but doesn't show so well on the picture.


I brought some chocolate coins to go in the drawer and job done......well almost! I then had the problem of what to put it in.....and there was no other option but ot make a box.

Out with the ultimate pro again, and once again I got a little carried away with the punched snow flakes and the glitter. Here's the result......


I have to admit, I couldn't wait to give this to my friend at work, and luckily she was delighted with it. It makes all the effort worthwhile when you can put a smile on someone's face.

Un beknown to me though, she had been showing the card to other people at work to, and, it wasn't much later before I had another collegue asking me if I could do the same for their Grandson. Well how could I refuse!!

So, I have had to reschedule my card making this week to fit in another box card session, and I have now just about finished the second one, which is more boy orientated. I will have to show that one on my blog another day I think!

In the meantime I would like to enter this card for the One Stop Craft Challenge, which is 'Sparkles'

Thanks for looking , and reading my waffle.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Sharon x

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute idea! So glad you were able to share it with us at 1 Stop Crafts Challenge. We hope you will join us again soon!

    Scrappy -OSC DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon