Wednesday 23 November 2011

Gnome Place Like Home

Good morning everyone. I thought I would try my hand at scheduling a post today, so fingers crossed it has worked and that it has appeared on my blog as planned!

Today I thought I would show you a card which I have made with the Gnome Place Like Home stamp set from Stamp Addicts. It turned out to be bit of a labour of love but I quite like how it turned out.....I hope you all like it too.

So here's the card........


And here's what I did......
  • I started with a piece of white card and rubbed Distress Inks in greens and browns on it to create the mottled effect.
  • I creased the card to create the two front steps which you can see in the picture.
  • I stamped and coloured the main image and the mushrooms, using my Promarkers.
  • After mounting the gnome in position I cut a piece of acetate and looped in over the back of the card, before attaching to the bottom step.
  • The greeting and the mushrooms were positioned on the front step so that the line where the acetate is joined is covered.
  • The variety of leaves that you can see have been printed from the Polka Doodles Sundae of Seasons CD. You can print a whole page of lovey autumn leaves, and then it is simply a case of cutting the all out and arranging them around the edge of the acetate. This took a little bit of time, but I think it was well worth it!
Here's a shot from a different angle....

I was really pleased how this card turned out, as it certainly had some dodgy moments along the way!

Hope you like it too, and thanks very much for looking.

Sharon x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I love the little gnome and all the fabby leaves, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous Sharon!! love the effect with the acetate and that gnome is too cute!!
    Gorgeous leaves too :)

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon