Sunday 22 July 2012

It's 23 degrees and I'm thinking about Christmas!

Yes - it's probably the nicest day that we've had so far this year, and here I am just about to load up a Christmas card. It's certainly not easy to get all 'Frosty the Snowman' on a day like this but I am happy to exchange my early Christmas cheer for a bit more lovely sunshine!!

So here is my card for today, which I am going to enter in to a few Christmassy challenges.


This lovely snowman is one of the new releases from Stamp Addicts, and, as you can see he is quite a sizeable chap so he makes a real focal point for a card.

I have coloured him with Promarkers and mounted him on to an easel card. The backing paper has been printed from myJoanna Sheen Messy Rabbit Christmas CD rom.....sadly I am not sure if you can still get the Messy Rabbit stuff these days.

As you can see, I managed to fit a little bit of tinsel in there as well, although I can tell you, getting it too stick wasn't easy!

Well that's my card for today, which I would like to enter in to the following challenges:

Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Shelly's Images - Christmas Anything Goes
Delightful Sketches - Christmas in July.

Right - time to get cracking on finishing my second baby blanket now, as my Niece has gone in to labour and I still have another 17 rows to complete. Plus, I haven't started the requisite hand made card yet either.... I am waiting for a name, to see if I can incorporate it in to the card. So much to do and so little time......too bad that I have to go back to work tomorrow!!

Thanks for stopping by on this sunny Sunday!

Sharon x

6 comments:

  1. I love this card Sharon! Kerry started to have contractions yesterday morning (Saturday) she has had a 'show' and full on contractions and then they stopped this afternoon! agghhhh!! We are now back home and yep! they have now restarted, so hopefully by tomorrow we will have some news x Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sharon what a super snowman image and a fab shaped card well done hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, cute Christmas card Sharon
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, Now this is what I call a 'Proper snowman'! He's gorgeous and coloured beautifully. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Sharon, love the snowman and fab design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO CUTE Sharon! Thanks so much for joining our "CHRISTMAS IN JULY" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon