Sunday 15 July 2012

Skool's out.....nearly!

Well the sun is shining (so far!) here in Milton Keynes today, so I was able to get my camera out and take pictures of those Thank You Teacher cards that I was talking about yesterday. Strangely, I accidentally pressed a button on my camera this morning and found an exposure button, which would have solved all my 'cloudy' problems.........who knew??!!

Anyway - back to my card for today..the first of four teachers cards, which I have based around a sketch from Sketch Saturday.

The little boy is from digistamp boutique...I got him last year but never used him in the end! All of the papers are from the NitWits Live 'n Learn FQB which has some really gorgeous themed papers plus some fab embellies too, including the buttons on this card which I have glazed with diamond glaze.

I have also seen that a lot of people are doing some lovely things with the inside of their cards these days, so I thought I had better make a bit more effort on that side too. Back to those lovely NitWits embellishments, which enabled me to produce this.......

So that's the first of the batch, which I am going to enter in to the following challenges....

J and C Creations - Anything Goes
Poodles Parlour - Use a Digi Stamp
Sketch Saturday

Thanks for stopping by today - and I hope you all get some sunny weather before we all get back to the grind tomorrow.

Sharon x

9 comments:

  1. Great colour choices and it made me smile. Thanks for taking part in the J & C Challenge -Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I love this card. It is sooo cute. Thanks for taking part in the challenge at Sketch Saturday this week too! Best wishes, Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, the inside is fab and I love the image, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, fab image and love the inside too!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fabulous and sooooo cute.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Sharon :) Thought you might like to know that I had to succumb to a die or two at the weekend!! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a sweet card, just lovely
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy if you are interested and have not already :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's wonderful, just perfect for a card from you son! I am also feeling guilty about not doing the insides of my cards now too, lol. Yours looks great. My solution is to let my oldest(4) decorate/color the inside and the youngest(2) gets the envelope. And I'm feeling pretty ingenious about the whole thing ;) Great dp's and what a good idea to glaze the buttons. Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
    {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brilliant creation...thanks for joining in with our competition at DigiStamp Boutique...Sally-Ann :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon