Saturday 14 July 2012

It's all about MiMi

Well I have been quite busy, craft wise today as my son wanted to give cards and presents to his teacher, plus the three teaching assistants! Still I decided to treat this asa challenge and come up with four individual cards which I finished putting together today.
Unfortunately though, the weather has been so darn dull (not to mention rainy!) today, that I just didn't get enough good light to photograph them. Here's hoping for a bit more sunshine tomorrow so that I can put my very amateurish photographic skills to good use!

So for today I am showing a card which I havemade for my niece, who has just passed her driving test. I have used one of my old favourites - a Mimi stamp, which I think is just perfect for the occassion. It didn't have L Plates on the stamp though, so I had to make a couple myself. They are not quite in scale to the rest of the image, but I am sure you get the gist......


I have coloured the image using my Spectrum Noirs and have matched the colours in with the papers which were a freebie from a magazine!
There are a few nice challenges out there this week, so I am going to enter this card in to the following:

J&C Creations - Anything Goes
Little Claire - Summer (beacuse it's an open top car and we only get to do that in the UK on the sunniest of days!!
One Stop Craft - Travel
Wishcraft Cards - Waste not Wednesday

So that's me done for today.

See you tomorrow - hopefully with some thank you teacher cards.

Sharon x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card. This will be me next year with my daughter. She can't wait to drive! Thanks for joining us at the J & C Creations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 'Summer' themed card, love the open top car image, hope it doesn't rain on these ladies lol. Thanks for joining us over at Little Claire's this month, good luck! hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card. A fun image and pretty colour combination. Let's hope the weather may be nice enough soon for open top cars. Thank you for joining Little Claire blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is gorgeous, thanks for joining in this weeks oscc xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon