Sunday 29 July 2012

It's my birthday and I'll Craft if I want to....

As I type the title of this post, I finf myself humming that 80's song 'It's my party and I'll cry if I want to'. I guess that give you a clue as to how old I'm getting!!

Anyhoo......it is my birthday today and, as such, I have decided to forgo the normal Sunday activities of washing, cleaning and ironing, and just enjoy the day.

Well I have to say I have had a lovely day. I have enjoyed a bit of crafting time (hence the post title!), visited or spoken to most of my family and met my latest Great Nephew (born on Monday) for the first time. All this was wrapped uo with a delicious meal at Jamie's Italian. A lovely day indeed!

So - back to my crafting, which has revolved around my new Great Nephew - Tyler-James.......

Last night I finally finished the blanket that I had been knitting, and also Tyler's special card......

......and here it is. I have used ine of the lovely Suzy's Zoo stamps from Joanna Sheen and coloured it with my spectrum noir pens. I did have a bit of a moment of horror this morning, as I coloured the image last night, using what I though was a pale orange on the beak and feet. However, when I looked at the card this morning, they were luminous....and I MEAN luminous!! After a moment of shock, I managed to repair them with a couple of deeper shades of orange......disaster averted!!

The papers that you can see are all from the NitWits Stuffed With Love collection and are just perfect for this kind of thing.

For my first Great Nephew - Jack (born in April), I had incorporated his name in to his card, so, of course I hade to do the  same for Tyler, only this time I did it on the inside.....

I also made a tag, with the washing instructions on it, for the blanket that I made....



And here's the whole package.....


Finally, here's the little chap that all the fuss was about.....


I'm going to enter my card for the following challenges today....

 Joanna Sheen - Animal Crackers
Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes
One Stop Craft - Just Good Friends

Thanks for stopping by today.

Sharon x



5 comments:

  1. The card is lovely as is the blanket. Sorry I couldn't get over today, was feeling bit rubbishy! I will post your gift and card to you tomorrow x. I will be making you a larger chocolate birthday cake as well. Will need to find out when you will be over this way next so that I can bake it! lol Hope you had a fab day. Tyler knows how to scream doesn't he? But very cute x Hope you had a lovely day x Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you!Glad you had a lovely day......and a bit of crafty time, too! Fab card, gorgeous blanket and a beautiful baby boy....great name as well!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card love the image and the papers. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute thanks for sharing over @ Poodles Parlour this week
    Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so gorgeous! Cute baby too. :) Belated happy birthday Sharon. Thank you so much for joining us on the JS Challenge.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon