Monday 1 August 2011

It's 25 degrees out there and I'm doing snow!

Yes indeed it is true - the sun may be shining but I have been occupying myself with snow flakes and Christmas trees!

Here is a card that I have made using Magical Christmas CD2 from Polkadoodles. I love these CDs as they are jam packed with digital images and also loads of pre-coloured stuff which is great as a guide and also for a card if you're in a bit of a hurry.

For this card I printed of the background in the pre-coloured format, and printed the digi dtamp of the boy, which I have coloured in with my Copics. I then cut him out and decoupaged him on to the scene, finishing off with loads of Stickles glitter. I had intended to enter this for the Polkadoodles Christmas in July challenge, but, with one thing and another I just didn't get it done in time. No harm done though as I had loads of fun colouring in this character and I'm looking forward to colouring loads more of the other characters over the coming months!

Also - for anyone that is interested, I seem to have resolved my smudging problem when priniting out Digi's now. I am printing them on the 'fast draft' option on my printer. The image comes out just as well but it lays down a lot less ink. I then give a quick blast with the hairspray and this seems to resolve the problem. If anyone else has had the same problem as me, why not give this a try - I would love to know if it works out for you.

Bye for now.

Sharon xx

1 comment:

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon