Monday 15 August 2011

White on White and Christmas is Coming.....

Pink Gem have a challenge going on called 'White on White', where you are required to have nothing but white in the backgound and can only apply colour to your stamped image. I thought this would be pretty much impossible tor me, but once I had a look at the beautiful examples by the DT, I couldn't resist giving it a go.

I have to say that mine didn't come out half as nice as the samples - I think I made a mistake in using alcohol pens when I should have gone for something softer such as water colour pencils or Whispers pens.

Anyhoo - here's what I did:

  • The background paper is embossed with snowflakes using my cuttlebug embossing folder. I had to make to sheets to cover the base card so I cover the join with some white satin ribbon.
  • I also cut a nestie oval as the background for my image and sprayed it with gold spray and sparkle for a bit of definition.
  • I punched out some snow flakes for the corner and also sprayed them with spray and sparkle (boy that stuff goes to your head - I now have gold grass though as I sprayed mine out in the garden!!)
  • Finally, the Pink Gem snowman image is coloured with Spectrum Noirs. In hindsight I wish I had gone for something a bit softer , colour wise, but I was trying to avoid my pink / purple habit!
So that's the card in a nut shell.

Here are the challenges that I am entering:

A Gem of a Challenge - White on White
Secret Crafter - Christmas is Coming

That's it for this card - but will be back with another post in a bit  ( I have been a busy bee!!)

Sharon x

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation
    Thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous creation and perfect for our Christmas is Coming Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have new candy if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous wow card,love the embossed background..Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge hope to see you next time....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon