Wednesday 14 November 2012

The Mulberry Moose


I never thought I would see the day when I would be raving about a stamped image of a moose, and yet that day has now arrived!

I really love the Mulberry Wood range and for some reason I have a particular soft spot for these mooses (is that how you say more than one moose - I kinda wanna say 'mice' but I know that's not right!

Here's a close up of them......



As I have had a few days off work I have had a chance to get some of my stamps out and my printer churning, and here is the first result. The papers arfe all from the Mulberry Wood CD and, I have to admit, I wasn't too sure about them when I first printed them off, but I am really pleased with how the card came together in the end, particularly as it is way out of my colour comfort zone.

I have colured these two buddies with alcohol pens and added a bit of glitter (it's mandatory for snowy scenes!), before putting the card together following a lovely sketch featuring on Cupcake Craft this week.

My son really liked this card, as it is a departure from my usual pinks and pastels, so I think this one may be earmarked for him........one family Christmas card down....a zillion to go!!!

Here are the challenges that I am entering today......

Cupcake Craft - Sketch
Make it Monday
Catch the Bug - Things with Tails
One Stop Craft - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Christmas
I love Promarkers - Christmas Trees
My Mums Craft Shop - Winter Wonderland
Sweet Stampin - Anything Goes

So that's all from me today. Back soon with some cards featuring a new technique for me.....paper beads. All of a sudden I am a little hooked on these, as I can't belive how a little slip of paper can turn in to a decorative beaded........I  may be a bit gluey fingered but I am certainly happy!!

Until next time.

Sharon x






17 comments:

  1. Great card and thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at MMCS. Hope to see you again
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card and gorgeous too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet and pretty card Sharon, fab combination of colours and added detail and your colouring is amazing! A great take on our sketch this week...thanks for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable image and beautiful colouring Sharon..gorgeous card.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet image! A lovely card. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous, thanks for playing with Bugaboo! JOY DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon, Such a cute card and coloured beautifully. I can see why you like this stamp. A winner I am sure. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute - your colouring is fabulous! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous Christmas card, great layout and the image is beautifully colored.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Crafty Sentiments.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Crafty Sentiments Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sharon, awww such a sweet image and a fab card!

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that image! I have never seen a moose (living in South Africa) and always thought them to be rather scary looking, but these are so cute! Thanks for entering the "Things with tails" challenge at Catch the Bug. We at Bugaboo Stamps are looking forward to your entry for the next challenge.
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    BUGABOO DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love images that make me giggle. This is so cut! Great coloring and design.

    Judy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's hilarious! My BFF says "meeces" which I've never let her live it down..HA! Your card is just fabulous and what is it about moose in action like this that just melt your heart? Your coloring is wonderful!

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Happy Crafting...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow.
    This is stunning.
    So much detail.
    Saw this on Make It Monday
    Hugs
    Lorianna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww I love this card Sharon!!! Such a cute image and wonderful colouring x
    Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers x

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, and I love this image, it's great! Haha, would meese work? :P

    Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge Blog :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colouring! Gorgeous image, I agree, they are just delish x

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon