Wednesday 6 July 2011

A bit of ribbon and Bob's your uncle!

This week's challenge at Passion for Promarkers is 'Tie a Yellow Ribbon'. 'Great' - I thought, 'nice and easy'..........that is until I tried to find said yellow ribbon. After hunting through my boxes of ribbon sotred in all different ways (if there is a way to store ribbon neatly and in a fashion that it can be seen, then it clearly eludes me!) - I finally came across some bright yellow ribbon with white polka dots which surely must fit the bill!

So I have made a card for the challenge uisng a lovely shopping digi stamp from Little Claire's and I am going to enter this card for 4 challenges.

Here's the card:

I have gone for some quite bright colours for the image here (not sure if they are a little too bright!) Also, a new departure for me with Promarkers is using the blender pen, to create the highlights and I think this has actually worked quite well. I came across someone doing it on a U Tube video with COPICs as I recall. She provided me with a moment of enlightenment as she basically said to be very light with the blender and then wait a few minutes to see what happens as it will carry on bleaching after you have taken the pen away. Then you can always go in again to remove more ink if you need too. I think this is the key as, previously I have used the pen to get the fade out that I want, and then of course, it must have carried on fading over the next few minutes. You live and learn don't you!

So, after that little pearl of wisdom (which probably everyone else had already figured out except me!), here are the challenges that I'm entering:
Allsorts Challenge - Free and Easy
Stamp Something  - Stamp Something Digi
Passion for Promarkers - Tie a Yellow Ribbon
Papertake - Anything Goes

Well that's me done today, expect to say that my lovely SIL gave me a blog award yesterday - what a lovely surprise! I will be back soon to pass it on to some other lovely blogs that inspire me.

'Till then - have a nice evening everyone.

Sharon x

9 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card. Your colouring is really great, lovely bright colours
    Thanks for playing along at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Big hugs
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty - I love the bright colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Sharon! Cute image and great mix of papers!! Thanks for joining in with my Yellow Ribbon challenge at PFP this week, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!
    Thanks for playing Free & Easy with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab card, very girly. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, I love your bright and cheerful card. Sorry to see you go from the design team, along with Mary, Jess and myself. I wonder how they chose us?! Anyway we must all keep in touch through our blogs and you never know what is around the corner. Love, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love your colour choice.Sorry not to be with you in the D.T. but hope you will keep in touch. I get lots of inspiration from you and love your cards. Hugs, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful summery card, love the gorgeous papers you've used!Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon,
    This looks fab. I love the image & the embossing looks perfect with your gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon