Tuesday 12 July 2011

Less is More - One Layer

On the less is more challenge this week the challenge is one layer,which, I have to admit, I have never tried before.

The prospect of stamping directly on to a card blank is a little bit scary to me, but I have to admit I really enjoyed making this card and it saved a lot of time, compared to thinking about matting and layering, matching papers etc.

So, for this card, out came my lovely Humphrey stamps (although this isn't Humphrey obviously!) and my trusty rockablocks which got me through the stamping process without having palpitations!

I coloured this little cutie pie in with my watercolour pencils as these stamps really lend themselves to that particular medium, and had some lovely fun in the process.

I decided that this type of one layer effect would be great for 'notelet' type situations...you know 'thanks for the pressie' etc, so I think I will definitely be doing some more of these in the future.

But in the meantime I'm going to enter this card in to:

Less is More - One Layer Theme - something with legs.

Thanks for looking.

I'll be back with another post in a couple of minutes!

Sharon x

11 comments:

  1. Lovely CAS card Sharon, that image is so sweet :o) Lisa x

    PS. Our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers is a one-layer card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have been 'scary' Sharon but its fabulous!
    you totally nailed it
    Thank you so much
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply terrific Sharon... there'll be no stopping you making One Layer Cards from now onwards!
    The colouring is fabulous too!
    Thanks so much for joining us!
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Sharon - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tremendous, love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card. Good luck with the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute image and so beautifully coloured just adorable.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is this!! Love that image...and the coloring looks fabulous!! My Card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh fabulous card Sharon, beautiful work.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. she is to cute. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulously cute card

    KAthyk

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon