Sunday 31 July 2011

Gorgeous SWALK

Have you seen that the lavely people at Crafters Companion have released smoe new SWALK stamps, and this time there are some really cute boys in there, so of course, I just had to order them!

So, to keep me occupied while I'm waiting, I decided to stamp out this little beauty! I think that these images are so lovely that you don't want to much embellishment to detract from the main image so I have stuck with a simple background, using the papers from the SWALK CD, and I also punched out a couple of flowers from the same paper.

This time I've added a bit of depth on the actual character by decoupaging her head and forearm, which I think has given quite a nice effect.

I think my 'hair colouring technique' is starting to improve a little bit now, as I used to really struggle with this, but luckily a demo that I saw on TV by Polkadoodles Nicky Hall has helped put me on the right track! - still need some practice though I reckon!

I have another couple of SWALK cuties stamped and ready to colour for some birthday thank you cards, so I really need to get on with those......hopefully this means I will have a few more 'Swalky' posts for you later this week.

So many crafty thingsthat I want to do...........and so little time!!!

Bye for now.

Sharon xx

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, I do love SWALK and ordered the new stamps too, cant wait for them to arive! I think your colouring is fab wish mine was as good. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, sorry its been a while since i left you a comment- i have been so busy but i do pop in for a quick look though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your adorable, gorgeous card Sharon.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon