Tuesday 12 July 2011

Second Post of the Day!

My second post of the day......I'm on a roll!

This is a card for my In Law's Golden Wedding Anniversary which is happening later on this week.

I wanted to go for something fairly clean and simple for this and so I opted for the lovely Lily Image from Little Claire's, which I thougt would be just rught for the occassion.

It's been a very long time since I've done any heat embossing, but since I was going for a plain, unadorned image here, I felt it needed a bit of lift so I have embossed the main image and the corner flourishes with gold twinkle powder.

For the base card I have used some lovely pearlescent card which happens to have a slight golden sheen to it. Unfortunately it doesn't come through in the photo (I'm no David Bailey) but on the real thing it looks really nice and enhances the overall 'goldness'.

Finally I have to mention the lovely nestie - I an always so chuffed when I use these and it comes out of the cuttlebug with all of the loops perfectly cut - It gives me a real buzz for some reason (I know - I am a bit of a saddo!)

Anyway, I don't have any specific challenges to enter this one for, but I thought I would put it in to the Allsorts Anything Goes Challenge, as it represents something quite different to what I would normally do.

Here's where you can find the challenge:

Allsorts Challenge

So that's me finished with the postings for now.

Thanks for dropping by!

Sharon  x

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card the embossing is just perfect, love your one layer card too. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I'm sure the oldies will love it! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your cards, Sharon but that second one in particular. It looks so elegant with the gold embossing and the die cut mat.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant - I'm sure it will be much appreciated. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful, elegant card. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS card Sharon, love the heat embossing detail!
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Sharon, so elegant :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon