Sunday 19 June 2011

Day of the Dads...

















































How could us Mother's / Daughters forget that today is of course Father's Day.




There are three Fathers in my life - Hubby, Dad and Father in Law so the last few weeks have been employed in trying to think what to get them and of course, making suitable cards to fit each of their interests.




We have done the rounds today and now everything is delivered so I finally have time to sit and do a quick post, to show one of my 'manly' cards.




This one was for my husband, who is interested in all things Alien, so this is a tongue in cheek homage to that. Digi Stamps to the rescue in this case as that's where I have sourced the UFO and also the standing Aliens, who actually happen to be from the Little Monsters set. Of course, being digi, I could resize the Space Ship so I had a big one for the front of the card and a smaller one for the inside.




I have to say that, by the time I finished this card, I was pretty high on vapours, from the alcohol pens and also the spray and sparkle that I sprayed liberally on to the backing paper and card!




Now that I can reveal this card, without fear of spoiling the surprise, I am going to enter it in to a couple of challenges:




Papertake - Lads and Dads


Southern Girls - Anything Goes.




Get ready for a few more manly cards coming soon before I revert back to my usual girly cuteness!




Thanks for looking.




Sharon x






4 comments:

  1. Wow... That is super cute!! Hope they went down a treat. Thanks for playing along at Southern Girls. Karenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Sharon, love all the images you've used. The spray & sparkle 'STINKS' according to my sons lol, they always complain when I've been using it! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, what a fun card. You've coloured the image perfectly and the gatefold style is fab. Thanks for joining in with our monthly competition over at DSB. Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sharon - another fabulous creation. ...Thank you for joining in the DigiStamp Boutique Competition....Sally-Ann :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon