Sunday 12 June 2011

A Gem of a Challenge




Things have been soooo busy at work these last few weeks that I've hardly had time to do any crafting, let alone enter any challenges!




So, I thought I would fix that this weekend, and enter the Pink Gem challenge which is about flowers or charms. So here's my card which is kind of 'flowery' althought it doesn't have any of those lovely fabric flowers that were on the gorgeous samples on the challenge. I don't have any charms at the momoent so I used artistic licence and used some pearl beading instead - I hope it still qualifies! I'm also entering this one for the LOTV challenge, which is 'Anything Goes'. It's the first time I've entered their challenge and not used a LOTV stamp - hope they will forgive me!!





On another note - Today hubby is in Wales doing a 100 mile cycle ride up hill and down dale. It's not the distance I'm worried about - he does more miles on his bike every year than I do in my car! - but have you seen the weather out there??? One hundred miles in the pouring rain........doesn't sound like much fun to me!!




Anyway - while the cat's away as they say.....this is my chance to get on with making his Father's Day card, for which I'm going to be using some of the fabulous Digi Stamp Boutique Aliens and Monsters. Guess I'd better get off the web and start printing and colouring, pronto!!




Sharon x

6 comments:

  1. Sharon it's beautiful and coloured in perfectly as always good luck with the challenge
    Jackixx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous Sharon! Love the pretty papers and sweet image, great design too :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always said my brother was nuts! Enjoy your freedom Sharon!! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card love the colours. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon, your card is absolutley gorgeous. Your image is coloured to perfection and I simply adore your flower with the string of pearls. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. You made my day.
    Hugs xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous PG image great design papers lots of flowers there shame you didnt have a charm...love how you used the pearls very creative,

    thanks for sharing with us at "A gem of a chll" this wk.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon