Wednesday 29 June 2011

Winter Wonderland Challenge

I came across this challenge blog a couple of weeks ago and thought it was a great way to start buliding up the Christmas cards, and avoid going in to Christmas overload, around about November.

So the challenge this week was a theme of Pink.


So here is my entry for the challenge. It gave me the opportunity to pull out my old DCWV 6x6 pad which I really love, and also a couple of Magnolia stamps that I picked up at the NEC a couple of years ago.

To create this image, I stamped the little girl, masked her, and then stamped the bench for her to sit on. This time round I have avoided alcohol (of the pen variety!) and coloured her in with my Whispers watercolour pens, and I am quite pleased with the effect.

I'm also entering this card for two other challenges:
  • Pear Tree Designs - Stamp Something http://peartreedesigns.blogspot.com/
  • My Mum's Craft Shop - Something Old Something New (the old is the stamps and papers, and the new is my Whispers Pens.)

Well there we have it - still in June - one Christmas card down........one hundred more to go!

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Sharon x

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty can you please create a link back to Pear Tree Designs thanks.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pink creation so pretty, thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland - I have candy if you are interested
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!! A real cutie. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. So glad you found us and thanks for playing at WW. Hope to see you backa again soon. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! I think it's great you started working on Christmas cards already. I should make some more too.

    Thanks for playing with us at MMCS challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon